Towards an inclusive, better coordinated & sustained European ocean observing capacity
This event will bring together and connect diverse ocean observing stakeholder communities from science, public authorities, industries including fisheries, energy, transport, and wider society.
The Conference is all about connecting communities, building on progress made at the EOOS Forum, taking place on 8 March 2018, to present an EOOS strategy and implementation plan, together with a strong call to action.
It’s an opportunity to showcase your work, network with stakeholders across Europe and help shape the future European Ocean Observing System (EOOS).
2018 is an important year for the future of European Ocean Observation.
Join us and have your say!
- Showcase current and planned ocean observing and monitoring capability by presenting insights from major ongoing activities;
- Connect and align diverse observing and monitoring communities and those that rely upon their outputs and services;
- Assess the economic case for sustained observation/monitoring in Europe;
- Identify gaps and requirements as well as cost effective solutions that will contribute to evolving an efficient, inclusive and effective end-to-end EOOS;
- Present the EOOS strategy and implementation plan and identifying further concrete joint actions to advance the EOOS agenda.
- Presentation of the EOOS Strategy 2018-2022 and Implementation plan;
- Consolidation of a high-level Conference message “Evolving EOOS”, as a joint call to action from wide stakeholder groups to progress EOOS as a value-adding, inclusive, integrated, open, better coordinated and more sustained European observing capacity that is fully end-to-end.